When you take the first whiff of the aroma emanating from the freshly baked bread, you will be drawn to follow the laneway next to the Eureka Pizzeria to bread heaven - bread as you remember or imagine.
Using the finest ingredients and traditional bread making methods, the variety of bread are all made on the premises (and you have to be quick not to miss out!!!)
The bread is made with quality ingredients and careful preparation.
- Wholemeal bread features stone ground organic flour, special culture and olive oil.
- Soft White is made with Bakers Extra flour and also has buttermilk and butter.
- Fruit Bread is sweetened with molasses, malt extract, sugar and honey; a hint of spice and also butter and buttermilk.
- Dark Rye is made from biodynamic rye, ground on the premises, sour culture, caraway seed and roasted, malted barley.
- Crusty White bread is made from dough that is fermented overnight.
- Spelt Bread is made from wholegrain and white spelt flour, an ancient variety of wheat that is popular again.
- Wholemeal Sour Bread is fed on fresh ground wheat, sourdough culture and then made in to dough that rises slowly.
- Also available on special days are Ration, Pumpkin, Beer, Sweet, Rice and Corn and other breads.
As fresh, handmade loaves take time, not every type of bread is available all the time.
- 6 days 8.00 am to 1 pm, closed Sundays during winter;
- a selection of bread is also available at the IGA supermarket.
91 Wallace Street